Australian citizens, holders of an Australian permanent residents visa and New Zealand citizens
As a prospective research student you need to start up a discussion with the department, school centre or faculty in which you want to study. We will need the following information to begin our assessment of your application to a research degree:
- An official certified transcript of academic record, including full details of all courses undertaken and grades obtained
- Details of published papers, if any
- Details of any experience since graduation which is relevant to the proposed field of research
- Evidence of any government financial support or other scholarship support already offered to you
- The proposed general area of research you wish to undertake as a postgraduate research student (brief research proposal)
Please identify the appropriate faculty contact within the faculty in which you wish to study, and provide information requested. Some faculties may have special instructions or require additional information so please take careful note of all information requested. Your discussions with the academic unit can then commence.
When you and your prospective academic unit agree that there is a place for you in the department’s research program, you will be invited to complete an official application for admission to Doctoral and MPhil or research masters candidature. But that will be the next step. For the moment you will be starting informal discussions only with your chosen department.