Visa and migration
|Target group:||Academic or professional staff who would like to better understand the visa and immigration framework.|
|Group size:||Maximum of 25|
|Level 1 program:|
|Date:||Monday 21 October 2013|
|Time:||9:30am - 12:30pm|
|Venue:||Golden Wattle Room, Building 2, Level 3, 195 Wellington Road, Clayton|
|Apply by:||Monday 14 October 2013|
Nil - Monash staff only
There will be a charge of $31 for non-attendance without prior notification.
|Catering:||Tea and coffee will be provided|
|To apply:||On-line application form|
Many positions at Monash require staff to sight student passports and visa labels and provide advice or make decisions based on this information. This course is designed to provide the basic building blocks to understand the broad immigration framework as well as the detail of a visa label and what information it contains.
- To understand in overview the visa and immigration framework - the Migration Act and Regulations, Visa Classes and Subclasses, Visa conditions, Type of visas and Visa Application and Review.
- To better appreciate sources of visa information including what information is contained on a visa label, how to read a visa label and the increased use of eVisas.
- To gain increased knowledge of the types of visas that students at Monash study on, the visa conditions associated with these visas and the administrative implications for fees, study loads and student status.
The course will provide information covering the areas of:
- What is a Visa
- Visa classes and subclasses
- How to read a visa label
- Types of visas
- Visas for students studying at Monash
- Visa conditions
- Visa application and Review
- Permanent residence
The workshop will be delivered using a combination of methods including theoretical sessions, discussion and exercises.
A comprehensive set of course notes will be provided to those who attend.